Leysin American School
LAS summer allows students to create a program that is tailored to their personal interests and aspirations. Students are invited to select from one of three morning programs: the Language program, Academic program, or Sports program.
English or French Language Program: Students in this program will select their language of choice as well as their proficiency level to ensure the content meets their educational needs.
Sports Program: Students may choose from one of two courses. The Tennis program, suitable for all skill levels, takes time both on and off the court to teach players about fundamental tennis techniques and tactics, injury prevention, nutrition, fitness, and more. The Mountain Leadership Development program seeks to make the most of Leysin's extraordinary location in a twelve day hands-on course teaching the essentials of navigation, first aid, excursion planning, and the selection and use of mountaineering equipment.
- BUSINESS BRAINS: Learn the secrets of entrepreneurs and create your own business plan
- THE SCIENCE OF COOKING: Learn chemistry of cooking
- MAD SCIENTISTS AND INVENTORS: Discover the worlds of art, technology, and engineering through science projects
- REALITY CHECK!: Learn the foundations of journalism, reporting, and fact checking
- SCIENCE OF OLYMPIC ATHLETES: Understand the physics, physiology, and nutrition behind the success of the world's greatest athletes
- MYTHS & LEGENDS: Study the stories that have shaped countries and cultures
- DAYS THAT CHANGED THE WORLD: Investigate important days in world history
- DISCOVERING SPACE: Discuss the planets, astronomy, extraterrestrial life, and space travel
- ART CLUB: Make pieces of art using 2D methods or design 3D creations using clay and other mediums.
- COOKING & BAKING CLUB: Discover the joys of creating tasty treats.
- DANCE & MOVEMENT CLUB: Fluidity and movement through a variety of dance styles.
- LANGUAGE CLUB: Embrace our French speaking surroundings or advance your English skills in a fun setting.
- MUSIC CREATION CLUB: Compose songs and learn to play instruments or mix and create digital pieces of music.
- PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB: Learn to capture the world around you through a lens.
- ROBOTICS & CODING CLUB: Discover how mathematics and coding are everywhere.
- SPORTS CLUB: Grow your skills in a variety of group athletics or focus on your own healthy habits
- THEATER CLUB: Develop the basic skills of acting and improvisation
- VIDEOGRAPHY CLUB: Study the fundamentals of filmmaking and become a film-maker.
Evening socials allow students to unwind and have fun after an action-packed day of programs, clubs, and afternoon activities. Every evening students are able to take part in activities with their Faculty Families, participate in socials, and join in on dorm events. Typical evening activities may include:
- Team-building Exercises
- Talent Show
- Monte Carlo Night
- International Night
- Dance Night
- Student/ Staff Sports Competitions
- Quiz Night
- Treasure Hunt
LAS summer weekend are for adventure! Expeditions to different locations around Switzerland and exciting activity sites encourage students to step out of their comfort zones and spend more time exploring our beautiful country.
- Paddle Boarding
- White Water Rafting
- High Ropes Course
- Chocolate Factory
|Dates||Session One: June 27, 2021 - July 10, 2021 / Session Two: July 11, 2021 - July 24, 2021 / Session Three: July 25, 2021 - August 7, 2021|
|Duration||2, 4 or 6 weeks|
|Activities||A range of activities to choose from and design your own program.|
|Age Group||10 to 17 years old|
|Price per session||2 Weeks: CHF 5,100 / 4 Weeks: CHF 9,000 / 6 Weeks: CHF 13,200|
The LAS summer program has been created for students who are 10-17 years old and want to design a summer experience that meets their personal goals and interests.
LAS is a Swiss boarding school offering US High School Diploma, International Baccalaureate, and ESL programs. Students enjoy extracurricular activities in sports, arts, drama, and music, and are able to take part in a ski term and cultural travel. University counseling is provided and emphasized, with students attending top universities in the US and around the world. Our boarding school community provides a stable, caring, and supportive family-like environment.