The Brillantmont summer course is for boys and girls aged 10-17 and students come from around 30 different countries. They study French or English in the mornings and take sports classes in the afternoons. There are many evening activities and a busy excursion programme at weekends.
Students choose to stay between 2 to 6 weeks. The programme is not a fixed block. This means that if a student stays for 6 weeks, he or she will study something new each week and will join new activities and excursions. All departures and arrivals take place on Saturdays.
Students choose to study French or English. On arrival, students are tested in their chosen language and put into the appropriate class. The average class size is 12 students, so there is a lot of teacher contact.
The language classes take place in the mornings from 09h00 to 12h15, with a 15 minute break in the middle. In the first period, the student focuses on grammar and language structure, whereas, in the second period, with a different teacher, the focus is more on communication and oral fluency.
Every afternoon, students take sports classes with others of the same age. Sports may include tennis, basketball, trampolining, football, ultimate frisbee, volleyball, zumba, running circuits, unihockey.
Some classes take place on campus; others take place in the surrounding area and by the lake, where if the conditions are suitable, students can enjoy windsurfing.
|Dates||July 4th 2020 - 15th August 2020|
|Duration||2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 weeks|
|Activities||Languages, Sports, Excursions|
|Languages||French or English|
|Age Group||10 to 17 years old|
|Price per session||CHF 2000 per week (min. 2 weeks)|
The Brillantmont summer course has been running for nearly forty years. It is extremely popular and many students return year after year. For some, it is their first time away from home ; for others, it is a way of getting to know Brillantmont before commencing the school year in September. Doing excursions and activities all together is a very important part of the Brillantmont experience, helping build friendships from all over the world and feeling at home.
Family owned and run since 1882 , during the school year Brillantmont welcomes students aged 13-18 (Grades 8-12) to follow a challenging curriculum, with small classes, innovative learning, providing students with 21st Century skills to thrive in a rapidly changing world. Numerous extra-curricular activities provide opportunities for growth and development, in a supportive, inclusive home from home. The US and British programmes enable 100% entrance to universities worldwide.
· 20 periods of language classes (choice of French or English) per week;
· weekly class field trip every Wednesday afternoon to visit a well-known Swiss attraction;
· afternoon sports classes four afternoons per week (range of sports);
· various evening activities (e.g. ice skating, bowling, cinema, quiz, disco);
· full day excursion / activity on Sunday (e.g., rock climbing, tree circuit, salt mines);
· full board and excellent accommodation on the school campus;
· all transfers to and from Geneva airport or Lausanne train station (Saturdays only);
· 24/7 supervision and care by experienced, qualified staff;
· 24/7 medical service and follow-up by our health team;
· accident and sickness insurance.